Thursday, February 28, 2013

An Awesome Oscars 2013 Playlist

Did you happen to watch the Oscars 2013? It was a great show for music performances ranging from Adele to Shirley Bassey. I didn't know that Barbra Streisand would be performing so that was a nice surprise, she looked and sounded great!

Skyfall - Adele performed this song for the first time in front of a live audience. She was in great voice and I loved when the choir came in for the chorus.

Goldfinger - I was first introduced to Shirley Bassey at a gay event when she sang P!nk's song "Get this Party Started".  I had heard the song Goldfinger before but hadn't really associated it with any singer. I YouTubed some of her other performances and thought this lady Rocks, her Oscar performance was no exception!

And I Am Telling You - Jennifer Hudson performed this song from Dreamgirls and brought down the house. She maybe 80 pounds thinner but still has the pipes!
All that Jazz - This performance by Catherine Zeta Jones was probably the most unmemorable for me, I guess I'm just not a huge fan of the Chicago musical.
The Way We Were - Barbra Streisand sang this as a tribute to Marvin Hamlish and it was very touching. Barbra's voice may be a bit lower now and a touch raspy but she few other can deliver a song like her.

Les Miserables Medley - It was funny to hear John Travolta mangle the pronunciation of the musical, watching the cast from the movie perform live in front an audience was a real treat and one of the shows highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment